What is the importance of listening
What does “active listening” mean?
Active listening - as an essential tool of communication - makes it its task to understand the conversation partner better and is therefore the most important discipline in conducting a conversation. The main thing is to listen carefully to what you say, to agree with him and, if necessary, to ask questions.
The essential elements of "active listening"
The founder of talk therapy in medical psychology, Carl Ransom Rogers, sees three elements as the basis for "active listening":
- An empathic and open attitude
- The appearance of the interlocutor should be authentic and similar.
- Facing acceptance and positive attention
Advantages of "active listening"
- The interlocutors can respond better to each other.
- Active listening forms the sensible basis of argumentation for the further course of the conversation.
- Misunderstandings are becoming less common
- Building a level of trust
The goals of "active listening"
- Creating a good atmosphere
- Understand the way other people think
- Get involved with the conversation partner
- To agree emotionally
- Animate the person opposite to take action
- Understand the opinion and motives of the interlocutor and also respect them
- Repeating important points and thoughts of the other person
Means with which one signals "active listening"
A distinction is made between verbal and non-verbal means that can be used to signal to your interlocutor that you are actively listening to him.
- "Yes", "I understand" and the like. signal an agreement.
- "Could you please explain that to me a little more precisely ?! - signals a question.
- Reluctance to express one's own opinion
- Don't interrupt your conversation partner, let him finish speaking
- Keep eye contact
- Possibly take notes
- Doze off
- keep eyes open
- Why do we need deep sleep
- Prescription glasses could be bothered
- What movie will be hit in Hollywood
- Why are some people so talkative
- How can I cure my sore throat
- Is there a shadow government that controls things
- What did you see on TV yesterday
- Why did Jesus seem rude at times?
- What makes mirror reflections so accurate
- What is the meaning of the definition of globalization
- Who wrote the song Cotton Eye Joe
- Kannada is derived from Tamil
- National Socialism Has Adolf Hitler lost his humanity
- Java is a necessary language
- Which month is the ruby birthstone
- Donald Trump deserves respect
- Buying can affect equity
- Includes Cathay Pacific luggage
- What was Abraham Lincoln's definition of democracy
- Buy Google ideas
- In which country was Karl Marx born
- Are INFJ's mind readers
- Why is Java not 100 object oriented
- What are the conclusions for waste management