How do I revoke my Egyptian citizenship
Immigration law, naturalization, visas, family reunification, right of residence
With naturalization, foreign citizenship is fundamentally lost or has to be given up.
The German state wants to avoid multiple citizenship when it comes to naturalization.
Loss of foreign citizenship
Foreign citizenship can be lost automatically - on the basis of foreign law - if German citizenship is assumed. No further measures are then required. If necessary, the naturalization authority will require a certificate of the loss of foreign citizenship.
Abandonment of foreign citizenship
Giving up foreign citizenship is often not that easy. Many foreign states require a formal application, which must be submitted to the respective diplomatic mission (embassy).
As long as the foreign state has not made a decision on the application, naturalization will not take place.
Retention of foreign citizenship
However, there are exceptions. The German state accepts multiple citizenship in some cases.
For example, if the foreign state does not provide the possibility of releasing its citizens from citizenship, naturalization is still possible.
This is the case with certain Asian or North African countries, such as Afghanistan, Algeria, Eritrea, Iran, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia and Cuba.
Sometimes it is not possible to give up foreign citizenship, for example because
- the application was not accepted by the foreign state,
- the foreign state refuses to provide the required forms,
- a decision is not made even after a reasonable period of time (more than 2 years).
Naturalization in Germany is also possible in these cases.
Foreign citizenship does not have to be given up even if the foreign state would only release citizenship under unreasonable conditions. That would be the case if the state demands fees for the dismissal of more than the gross monthly salary of the applicant (at least € 1,280).
- How good is the ICFAI Business School in Bangalore
- How does Turkey celebrate its independence day?
- What is a less than honorable discharge
- Can ECR passport holders enter Qatar now?
- What's famous in Jhansi UP
- Why buy pawnbrokers gift cards
- What's the worst idea in life
- What are some dangerous consequences of transhumanism
- How do you keep someone's attention
- How can a person report ICE raids
- What does the word Alinea mean
- What are some ways to increase entropy
- What language does Jungkook speak
- When will Christianity die in America
- Is a dog an animal or not
- How will scientific advances affect human evolution?
- Why is Hercegovina so important to Croatians
- When did Concorde flow again after the crash?
- Ecommerce website checklist
- What do you think of installation art
- Who is worse Hitler or ISIS
- Which are the most extraordinary houses in the world
- There is useless knowledge
- Why is aspirin contraindicated for corticosteroid users
- How often do people ignore cancer symptoms
- What is North Korea's problem with the US
- Will Pakistan attack India
- What causes yellow light at night
- Which churches promote love for the unity of peace?
- Is there a basis for reverse discrimination?
- Is Amazon still innovative
- What were the Native Americans hunting
- Why do people visit cathedrals
- Which are some good philosophical comics