Which websites do restaurateurs visit frequently
Restaurant Websites: Six Inspirational Examples
A visit to a restaurant begins with the search for a nice place online and often ends there - for example with a rating on TripAdvisor. When planning a new website for your own restaurant, one question comes first: create a restaurant website yourself or have it done? Those who work little with computers should better rely on the help of an expert. Because even if the design works, important things can go wrong in the background. Your ideas are still in demand. The following points should be considered.
1. Photos for the restaurant website
The first thing a visitor sees on your restaurant website are photos. Present your food and your restaurant in the best possible light. But it's not that easy, especially with photos of groceries. Even when you're roasting the juiciest steak or offering the freshest salad, it often doesn't look so convincing in self-made photos. A professional photographer with good equipment can help here. Often web designers also offer “food photography”, for example the Internet agency Push2Hit, which also created the restaurant website for the Görreshof in Munich:
Homemade photos are definitely not as bad as these 35 worst food failures. ;-)
2. Simply structured
Anyone who comes to your site wants to find the most important information quickly. So don't make it too complicated. Think about the questions a visitor to your restaurant website might ask themselves.
"What dishes are there here?" → Menu item: Menu
"Can I book a table?" → Menu item: Reserve a table
"Where is the restaurant?" → Menu item: Directions & contact
In addition, you could add a picture gallery or the history of your restaurant business or draw attention to specials - such as a happy hour. The website of the Mexican restaurant Don Luca, which was also designed by Push2Hit, is characterized, for example, by its simple navigation.
3. Menu on the website
Many restaurants hang their menus next to the front door so that passers-by can take a look. If the offer is popular, passers-by become guests. This also works online. Show your restaurant website visitors what you've got! On the website of the Kurfürst restaurant, you can leaf through not only the menu, but also menu and buffet ideas.
4. Contact & online reservation
If the guest has seen the menu and photos, he would ideally want to reserve a table. For this, important contact details such as telephone number, address and email address should be immediately available on the website. The fastest and easiest way to reserve a table is via an online form. Regardless of whether the guest is at work or on the train: making a reservation without picking up the phone is more practical in many situations. On the website of the Pfarrwirt, Vienna's oldest restaurant, the booking form for CentralPlanner is included under “Contact”. Address, telephone number and a link to Facebook can also be seen at a glance.
5. Search engine optimization (SEO) for restaurant websites
Even if it's a long, unattractive word, search engine optimization is the icing on the cake. After all, you want your restaurant's website not only to look great, but also to be found by guests via Google. For this purpose, the headings and texts on your website must contain suitable search terms (“keywords”). It also makes sense to use plug-ins. Here, too, a professional can help. For example, Websitebutler specializes in the design of restaurant websites such as Wrapublic's.
6. Mobile optimization of your restaurant website
Even if your website looks perfect on your laptop, it doesn't have to look perfect on your smartphone. Many guests
looking for a restaurant nearby on the way. So make sure that your mobile hospitality website also meets all of the above criteria. Is it easy to use? Does the reservation form work? Does the layout still fit? The mobile website of the Symbiose restaurant in Leipzig has implemented these points well.
Rather than relying on bells and whistles on information - for a successful restaurant website you need:
Graphic design: You can convince guests with beautiful, promising photos.
Clear navigation: Give your restaurant site an easy-to-understand structure.
Good service: Offer your guests the option of online reservations and a look at the menu.
Working technology: Make sure you have an optimal mobile restaurant website with a responsive design and search engine optimization.
- What does homeostasis mean
- What makes a really good work colleague
- Who wrote the song St James Infirmary
- What are the most beautiful piercings
- What are some sports that you have never played
- Who are NATO's enemies
- How is the Chinese influence in Nepal increasing
- Summary film gravity
- What does Afghanistan import from America
- Worship Jain's Hindu gods
- Can an independent researcher survive in India?
- How safe is Mysore Karnataka
- What does Donald Trump like so much
- How are birthdays celebrated in China
- What makes a fulfilled and meaningful life
- Is democracy with law really democracy
- How is quality control carried out in production
- Tom Cruise is a good actor
- How common is vegetarianism in South America
- Which is the best Korean thriller drama
- Allah is indifferent to atheists
- Who is Muhammad Choo bin Abdullah
- Do celebrities really look like normal people
- What was your favorite Vincent Price film
- What is the purpose of television
- How can we implement pricing strategies
- The riding lessons are worth it
- What is the Church of Scientology Beliefs
- Who is your favorite novelist
- Lithuanian Croats don't like it
- Which is better an MBA or CIMA
- Have you ever dated a trans woman
- What exactly does it mean to be a brahmin?
- PyCharm is available for Linux