Is the Aam Aadmi party over now
suedasien.info - the information portal on South Asia
Narendra Modi, his Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and with it the party alliance of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) have won the elections for the 16th Indian Lok Sabha (parliament) by a huge margin. The party alliance of the United Progress Alliance (UPA) around the Congress Party (INC) is far behind. The new Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), which just a few months ago showed potential to become a new nationally significant party, has not even achieved a respectable success. The numerous regional parties also performed rather poorly, with the exception of the Tamil AIADMK and its party leader Jayalalithaa, which won 37 of the 39 constituencies in Tamil Nadu and is the third largest group in parliament. With 283 out of 545 seats in parliament, the BJP could even govern without a coalition partner, which it will not do due to the current election agreements. In any case, this relatively peaceful and orderly election is an impressive victory for Indian democracy. The result could hardly be clearer. The consequences are uncertain. Skeptics already see the end of the secular state as coming, because the ideological background of the BJP and its top candidate is in Hindu nationalism. Modi has not yet found his new role. In the election campaign he presented himself as a moderate and business-friendly doer. In any case, the office of prime minister is more complex than its old role as the father of the country in his home state of Gujarat. [more ...]
- How do we bring Pakistani youth together?
- Which companies are hiring CIMA students?
- Tea makes you sleepy and sleepy
- What does this mean in Hindi
- How can I write a good sketch
- Is stoicism anti-feminist
- What is Muthoot Financing Gold Loan
- Every country has a policy
- Is peace and freedom the same
- Is participating in the NFL
- Make emus good pets
- Which film is the smartest film of all time
- Where can you learn R.
- Has political correctness ruined society
- Consider themselves Baha'i Muslims
- Is fascism good or bad
- Is Melania Trump a Republican or a Conservative?
- How can you enjoy a rainy day
- Can we trust Narendra Modi
- New Zealand is the only Maori country
- How do we explain Hinduism
- Christians believe that Christianity is logical
- What is Indian Jugaad
- How does marijuana affect hypnosis?