Is there a national airline in India
India is that 5. largest market in terms of aircraft passengers (national and international)
Indian aviation, high flying
India is now the third largest and fastest growing air travel market in terms of domestic tickets sold.
India has 91 international airlines including 5 Indian and 86 overseas airlines which ensure India is well connected with most of the major countries. The domestic airline's passenger kilometer revenue (RPK) rose 18.6% in 2018, three times the global RPK growth of 6.5%.
- Indian airlines are expected to increase their fleet size to 1,100 aircraft by 2027.
- Freight traffic at Indian airports is expected to exceed 11.4 tons by 2032.
- Government agencies estimate that around 250 industrial sites and airports will be needed on greenfield sites by 2020.
- India is the fastest growing air travel market and is expected to carry 520 million passengers by 2037.
- Airports Council International (ACI) forecast India in its traffic forecasts between 2017 and 40 as the second fastest growing country in the world for passenger traffic.
- The demand for aircraft in India is projected to be 1,750 by 2037.
Up to 100% foreign direct investment is allowed in non-scheduled air services on the automatic route.
Up to 100% FDI is allowed in helicopter services and seaplanes on the automatic route.
Up to 100% foreign direct investment is allowed in MRO for maintenance and repair organizations. Flight training institutes; and technical training institutes under the automatic route.
Up to 100% FDI is allowed in groundhandling services, subject to sectoral regulations and security clearance on the automated route.
Please refer to the FDI Policy for more details
Passenger traffic growth
Growth in foreign tourist arrivals
Total freight traffic (MMT)
Domestic aircraft movement growth
Ninth largest civil aviation market in the world
The fastest growing domestic air market in the world
52 AME training institutes approved by the DGCA
The aviation sector in India currently contributes $ 72 billion to GDP.
India has 464 airports and runways, 125 of which are owned by the Airport Authority of India (AAI). These 125 AAI airports handle nearly 78% of domestic passenger traffic and 22% of international passenger traffic.
Passenger traffic in India from April 2018 to February 2019 amounted to EUR 316.51 million. Domestic passenger traffic accounted for USD 252.92 million of this, and international traffic accounted for EUR 63.59 million. Aircraft movements, passenger traffic and freight traffic increased in February 2019, namely in February 2018, at all Indian airports combined by 4.9%, 4.5% and 3.1% respectively.
However, at 68.5%, the share of international freight traffic is much higher than 31.5% of domestic freight traffic.
The maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) industry is expected to grow from its current $ 950 million to $ 1.2 billion by 2020.
New airport addition
The aim is to increase the number of operational airports to 250 by 2020
Investment of USD 120 billion in airport infrastructure
India's aviation market is set to become the third largest by 2024
The significant increase in M&A activity
Etihad-Jet, Tata-Singapore Airlines and Tata-Air Asia
Increase air connections to smaller cities and northeastern states
Industrial land banking portal
GIS-based map with the available infrastructure for setting up manufacturing plants
Often VIEW ALL
- Where can I find a good moving company
- Will Belgium exist in five years?
- Some people are born ingenious
- How do I impress a rich girl
- Should I learn Korean 1
- Will Narendra Modi declare war on Pakistan
- Who Are Some Famous Active Jehovah's Witnesses
- What are the main GDS systems
- What do web application developers do
- How familiar are the British with Malaysia
- Who is the nicest movie villain
- President Trump will remain committed to NATO
- Why does my oil heater click
- How tall is Tom Cruise
- How to say tattoo in Maori
- Did Sonia Gandhi Dr. Manmohan Singh is embarrassed
- When did underwater photography become popular?
- How has stoicism changed your life
- Why did Maratha fail against the British
- Has Laos ever been part of Thailand
- Leonardo da Vinci had a wife
- Which is the richest area in Mumbai
- Why was Chanakya offended
- Is tamarind bad for a cough
- What animals can you hunt in Australia
- How do different colors affect psychology?
- Are INTPs dangerous when provoked
- What are the best resorts in Dhanaulti
- What are some hits from Pakistan
- Democracy really develops a country
- Is there oxygen in the water or not?
- What are the new public guidelines
- Can India overtake China in military technology?