Who accepts specification scripts
Which Star Trek episodes were based on specification scripts?
Recently I became aware that some Star Trek episodes for various series were based on specification scripts, essentially unsolicited (fan) submissions. (And as the cliché says, that blew me away)
For example, the TNG episode Yesterday's Enterprise (the script has been heavily modified, but still).
Is there a list of all the special script episodes (that come from open submissions) for all Star Trek series?
There were at least 6
According to this article, Write for Star Trek, written in 1996, 4 specification scripts were accepted for production.
- "The Bonding" Ron Moore
- "A Man's Measure" Melinda Snodgrass
- "The Offspring" Rene Echevarria
- "Tin Man" Dennis Bailey and David Bishoff
Eric Stillwell invented the story for Yesterday's Enterprise for TNG and Prime Factors for Voyager.
Robert Hewitt Wolfe's first big break was selling the script "A Fistful of Datas," but it is not clear if it was really a "specification script" or if he was in some capacity for Paramount at the time.
- How long does a CR1 visa take
- Was Salvador Dali gay
- Does it bother Jews when Gentiles learn Yiddish?
- How should we treat others
- Is Afghanistan near Pakistan
- Why are so many African American Christians?
- How has the Indian population increased since 1900
- How can I leave the past behind
- It is economically worthwhile to host the Olympic Games
- Should your life be all about luck
- How are IMU Kolkata hostels
- Who was the first catholic saint
- Get genius jobs
- Which food increases uric acid
- When did the history of religion begin?
- What's wrong with Sadhvi Pragya
- How do I write an acceptance speech
- How do albino deer appear in nature
- President Trump is under Putin's influence
- Why is there fluoride
- How much money does religion make
- Why is proofreading important
- What can technology teach us about dating
- Lord Shiva used to pray Rama why