Are holy sinners
Early Mass: sinners can become saints - the corrupt cannot
Stefan von Kempis - Vatican City
David became a saint despite being a sinner. It was different for the great and wise Solomon: he was corrupted inside, so the Lord rejected him. Francis reflected on this apparent paradox this Thursday in the Casa Santa Marta. “We heard something strange,” he said, referring to the reading from the First Book of Kings (11: 4-13): “The heart of Solomon did not remain with the Lord his God, unlike the heart of his father David . "
Strange - after all, the Bible does not report any major sins of Solomon (unlike David), so Francis. The king was evidently a well-balanced person. And yet: David became holy, while it is said of Solomon that his heart was "no longer completely devoted to the Lord his God". Obviously, Solomon was not as conscious of his nature as a sinner as the father.
“And here is the problem of the weakening of the heart. When the heart begins to weak, it is not like in a situation of sin. You are committing a sin and immediately you realize it: I have committed this sin, that is clear. The weakening of the heart is a slow path, one gradually slips further ... And Salamo, who was lulled by his fame and his good reputation, began to take this path. "
"Better the clarity of a sin than the weakening of the heart"
As paradoxical as it may be: "Better the clarity of a sin than the weakening of the heart," preached the Pope. “The great King Solomon ended up corrupted: spoiled in a quiet way. Because his heart had become weak. "
“And a man - a woman - with a weak, with a weakened heart is a man - a woman - of defeat. This is the course of so many Christians, so many of us. 'No, I don't commit any great sins ...' But what is your heart like? Is it strong Does it remain true to the Lord or has it slowly started to slide? "
The Pope said it could happen to anyone that their heart became weak. What to do in such cases His answer: “Vigilance. Be watchful of your heart. Guards. Watch what happens to your heart every day. "
“Watch over the heart every day. How is my heart, how is my relationship with the Lord? "
“David is holy. He was a sinner - but a sinner can become holy. Solomon was rejected because he was corrupted. A depraved cannot become holy. And one becomes corrupted through this way of weakening the heart. Alertness. Watch over the heart every day. How is my heart, how is my relationship with the Lord? And savor the beauty and joy of loyalty ... "
- Birds can see ghosts
- How can you take advantage of opportunities in life
- Where is Nirav Modi hiding
- What's your biggest tip for organizing at home
- What are the conclusions for waste management
- Instinct can be ignored
- Why is Bitcoin not like gold
- What are the symbols in sets
- Which are the most extraordinary houses in the world
- Why can cameras see the Milky Way?
- Which tree leaves are safe for salads
- Why does the MI6 need the MI5
- When does Gintama have more fighting?
- How do I cure a leaky gut
- What role do the students play
- Is human nature inherently good or bad
- Which 27 iMac should I buy
- What are some good early morning habits
- What Blaeuen does meth
- What are the largest Japanese forums
- Who are NATO's enemies
- Make chickens good pets
- Why does diarrhea cause hemorrhoids
- It always rains in London