Why didn't Trump receive the Nobel Prize?
US President Donald Trump was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by a right-wing populist Norwegian MP. Too late, however.
A Norwegian MP has nominated US President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize. Christian Tybring-Gjedde from the right-wing populist Progress Party praised Trump's commitment to the agreement between the United Arab Emirates and Israel on his Facebook page. "The agreement could pave the way for a lasting peace between many Arab countries and Israel," said Tybring-Gjedde. He hoped that the Nobel Committee could assess what Trump has achieved internationally and not stumble over the established prejudices against the President of the United States.
The nomination for this year's Nobel Prize comes too late
For this year's Nobel Peace Prize, the new winner is always announced in October, the nomination comes too late. At the end of February, the Norwegian Nobel Committee announced that 317 candidates had been nominated by the deadline. (dpa)
We want to know what you think: The Augsburger Allgemeine therefore works with the opinion research institute Civey. Read here what the representative surveys are all about and why you should register.
- What is it like to be a bad Christian?
- Why did the Chandrayaan 2 mission fail?
- Who are some millionaires in Nagpur
- Geniuses are born by chance
- How are Tamils treated in Bangalore
- Which fruit ends with the letter L.
- Will Republicans ever become Republicans again?
- Is Donald Trump a creationist
- Where's New Orleans
- Why are false tears called crocodile tears?
- Can I buy agricultural land in Telangana
- How do I have an interesting conversation
- How can I test a PWA
- Are cults legal
- How good is VIT from BITS
- What are learning algorithms
- Cults necessarily use mind control
- Needs Superman Lois Lane
- What are the Symptoms of Presbyopia
- Why do people cry about others
- Can Chadar Trek be my first trek
- How can I join IIT
- William Barr is an excellent attorney general
- What's your rating of Django CMS